Door locked by itself - 2007 Sonata

I'd believe you, but life has proven that the most perfect system can fail. Ask any accident investigator.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

There's a big difference in a negative failure and a positive failure.

Reply to
Partner

True, but they are both a failure.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

What???

Reply to
Matt Whiting

You're a smart guy, I'm sure you'll figure it out sooner or later.

Reply to
Partner

It is an erroneous statement so it isn't possible to figure it out as I can't read your mind.

There are false positives and false negatives, Type 1 and 2 failures also called Type I and II and sometimes called alpha and beta failures, but there are no positive and negative failures.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

This reminds me of my father in law. He lives in a very rural area, while we live in the BIG city. He came down and we had to go to K-Mart. We were getting out of the car and I noticed he left the keys in his car. When I mentioned to him that he might want to take his key out and lock the car up, his response to me was " What if someone needs to move it?" I actually LMAO!

Brian

Reply to
Brian Matthews

It's still that way in my parts. Well, not everywhere, but in most places. Locks are mostly a nuisance, but are being used more and more. -

Bob

Reply to
Bob Adkins

Sir , it is in so in some parts within the Commonwealth of Australia. On this key thing -you folk must have pointed the bone at me. Happened last night when I got in the car !!

The chain of events went like this

1 unlocked the car with the key rather than the remote . 2 Alarm triggered 3 used remote to stop alarm 4 Entered car as normal started car as reversing the doos locked by themselves ? That has never happened before ( unless I set the auto lock thing via the arm rest )

This may help hyundai tech track down teh cause. could it be a sequence within teh chip that controls this function ? HTH

Reply to
Pit's

Where's you FIL live? I'd like to move there.

When I was a kid in rural western Wisconsin all the relatives used to leave their homes unlocked if they were away for less than a day or so. If you visited, and they weren't home, you could leave a note saying you'd see them later or whatever.

Reply to
Pat Thompson