HELP! $3k and it still persists... HT?

Reply to
hyundaitech

That exact thing happened on my kids 2000 Lantra. Chunk of honeycomb like material came out of Converter and lodged in middle section muffler. Caused intermittent reduction in power as it wobbled around. I found it out as there was almost no exhaust gases when problem occurred. . I,ve heard of some mechanics getting a length of pipe and ramming it up the Converter to "clear" a path. What else would you do on a 13 year old car where a replacement converter is worth more than the car?

The c> What about partially clogged catalytic converter? I had that on a car >

Reply to
John

Thinking about this, you're probably right. However, when we shut it off, wait a moment, it'll start and run, no problem. HHHmmm...

The c> What about partially clogged catalytic converter? I had that on a car >

Reply to
F150-Mustang Steve-AZ

This didnt cost me $3k before I found it but Cam sensor, crank sensor, fuel filter , ignition coil and many barked knuckles over 4-5 months. Really only found it by accident. Happened to car when kids were parked in my driveway and muffler noise just seemed quite and almost nothing coming out exhaust when I put hand over outlet..

Thinking about this, you're probably right. However, when we shut it off, wait a moment, it'll start and run, no problem. HHHmmm...

The c> What about partially clogged catalytic converter? I had that on a car >

Reply to
John

I'll try it. But, the dealer has agreed to buy it back....one less car to insure and make payments on....YEAH!

Steve