Hyundai Extended Warranty

Anyone who bought their Hyundai vehicle new purchase the "Hyundai Protection Plan". I did yesterday - 10 Years/100,000 Miles bumper to bumper for $1,120.00. It seemed like a good deal to extend the bumper to bumper 5 years.

Anyone have any insights regarding the advisablity of purchasing the extended warranty? Is it a rip off? I think I have time to back out.

Reply to
SteveK

Extended warranties generally are a rip-off, especially for that kind of money and even more so if they're from a third party company, since they have a tendency to go belly-up.

Reply to
Brian Nystrom

Steve I also bought tthe extended warrenty for my 2005 XG350L Mine is right thru Hyundai NOT a 3rd party company I paid $900.00 with a ZERO $ deductable.

']['unez

Reply to
']['unez

Me too , Steve might be able to go back and ask to bail out and I'll bet they will come up with a better price, I would then drag my feet and mention he knows someone that got free oil changes for LIFE thrown in by the dealer...

The extended warranty MUST be thru Hyundai NOT the dealer.

I paid $940 and after 4 1/2 years have got back half of the price in oil changes.........

Reply to
Michael

They offered it to me for $700. I declined. The 5/60,000 and 10/100,000 drive train factory warranties are good enough for me. Extended warranties are like gambling, sometimes you win but the house always has the odds in its favor.

Reply to
Bob

It is so much bull hockey. Watch out. There are a lot of stipulations in the thing at the dealer. The Mfg talk a lot differently on the phone. Some dealers are unscrupulous and tell you that in order to maintain the warranty that you have to buy Hyundai oil filters, transmission fluid, anti freeze, air filters, etc. from the dealer at ridiculously high prices. IE: Hyundai air filter $34.95 and another $10.00 to install it. Takes an old man like me about 1 1/2 mins to install it and the air filter was a fram from pep boys fot a little less tha $10.00. Anti freeze at $30.00 a gallon and 105 dollars to flush the system after 30,000 miles. Hyundai says that the dealer told me a bunch of nonsense and that after 30,000 miles the transmission fluid just needs changing, not flushed as does the anti-freeze just needs changing and not a system flush. The dealer recommended over $800.00 worth of un necesary B/S to be done and said that the warranty is not good unless I had them done there. The Dealer was Reliable Imports in Springfield Mo. and they have been turned in too. The factory is not happy with them at all.

Good luck

Reply to
What

Reply to message from "What" (Sat, 14 Apr 2007 11:48:01) about "Re: Hyundai Extended Warranty": ... W> there. The Dealer was Reliable Imports in Springfield Mo. and they have W> been turned in too. The factory is not happy with them at all.

With a name like 'Reliable' Imports it is no wonder.

Best Regards Wayne Moses Sat, 14 Apr 2007 22:26:11 -0500

Wayne Moses

Yeah, if they have to tell you in the name, it's probably a lie. Sort of like "The Democratic People's Republic of Korea".

Reply to
Brian Nystrom