Hyundaitech - My first and last

had my 2006 elantra done this year for about the same - $250 or so. It was bundled with some other work so I don't have the breakdown handy.

I will also go back the the point that he needs to check his warranty and get a better explanation. It may well be time. If he only has

14000 on in in 4 years driven every day he is beating the car to a slow death. It's either heavy traffic or he is not staying on long enough to burn out the water and other assorted nastiness. Either way is hard on the engine.
Reply to
nothermark

Okay. I understand. The slave cylinder is a 5/60 component. As such it was no longer within the warranty period at 68k. If you complained about the issue prior to the warranty expiring, I think Hyundai should have eaten the whole repair, but that's just *my* opinion. On the up side, they did at least contribute to the repair outside the warranty period.

-- Message posted using

information at

hyundaitech

How many of those other manufacturers warrant the car for 100,000 miles? They use the same belt, but since they are not liable for replacement of the engine they don't give a damn if you blow the engine. Gates makes most of the belt used in the industry but there may be others.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

My Nissan 300Z requires a timing belt change every 60,000 miles too....

Most vehicles with timing belts require it around those years and miles.

Reply to
Paradox

Don't buy a GM, Ford, Chrysler, Honda, Toyota, Nissan or BMW either then, because when we get handles and mouldings, they are just raw plastic without any primer, and their prep proceedures are to just scuff and shoot them.

Reply to
Paradox

Reply to
razz