K&N Air Filters

I was having to replace the transmission fluid four times per year. It was becoming brown and smelled as if it had been burnt. The Amsoil fluid, a fully synthetic product, the only fully synthetic transmission fluid I could find with the Hyundai rating. Does not become brown and does not smell burnt. I've had it in use for a year now. That would be the only reason for my perceived difference and greater satisfaction.

Reply to
Michael Shaffer

If you were changing fluid four times a year, you have other problems or you do some really rough driving. Most of us can go the life of the car with regular fluid.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

If you were trashing conventional fluid in 3 months, then either you are a very abusive drive with respect to your transmission or you have serious internal transmission trouble. Synthetic may help in the former case, but will only prolong the inevitable in the latter.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

Changing tranny 3x a year is more wasteful than using synthetic.

Have you smelled new tranny fluid lately? To me, it smells burnt right from the can.

-

Bob

Reply to
Bob Adkins

Actually I believe that I drive this vehicle in a rather conservative manner. I drive 150 miles daily to work, nice easy freeway miles, with few around town miles between commutes. This vehicles' automatic transmission does not appear to have fluid coolant lines to radiator. As a result I don't feel that there is a transmission cooler in use as is the case with most vehicles. Bear in mind that I live in Central California where the ambient temperature will stay in the three digit range for most of the summer. This vehicle receives average to better care. The only repair that I feel went beyond periodic maintenance, would be the replacement of the drive axles at 142,000 miles. Aside from this the vehicle has presented no problems and the transmission has functioned quit well aside from a few shifting quirks. Currently the Amsoil tranny fluid is neither brown nor does it smell burnt. I was unaware that Amsoil was felt to be a Marvel Mystery Oil like product, when I started this post. None the less, I am much more satisfied with it's performance/longevity than I am with the Hyundai OEM fluid

Reply to
Michael Shaffer