Outside temp warning 2017 Elanatra

I have a 2017 Elantra. My dash shows the outside temperature. Driving today a got a beep warning and a snowflake popped up next to my
temperature.....does anyone know what this is exactly? Is it a snow warning or maybe just a chill warning or something along those lines? Thanks!
On 12/8/2017 4:56 PM, jtees4 wrote:

Potential icy road warning. Goes on when the temperature drops to something like 39F. Not sure of the Elantra, but on the Genesis it can be turned off in the settings.

Thanks. I'll check if I can turn it off, it's quite annoying....I generally can feel the cold when I go outside without my car helping me ;-)
On 12/9/2017 9:46 AM, jtees4 wrote:

I turned it off the second time it popped up. From now until March, most days are below the set temp. I can see it handy on a long trip as the temperature changes during the day or as you go over a mountain pass. Going to the grocery store I know it may be icy as soon as I step out the door.
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Rented an Elantra 2 yrs ago in Calif. I liked the temp warning. Especially when traveling in the Sierras. It would go off about 40F.