Tire pressure

I have a 2013 Hyundai Elantra for which I had to replace a damaged tire a few months ago. I just noticed that the max press on the new
tire if 55psi while the max pressure on the other three tires is 45psi.
I inflate them all to 44psi. Does anyone see a problem with that? Thanks
On 7/6/2018 9:20 AM, CRNG wrote:

Only problem is that 44 is too high, especially in summer. I usually go about 2 to 3 psi more than indicated on the door frame sticker for proper pressure.
On 7/6/2018 9:20 AM, CRNG wrote:

Simple Google search for your year and model car says:
Hyundai Elantra: If properly inflated, the Hyundai Elantra's front and rear tires will read 33 psi as well.
Our Subaru dealer just told my wife that when she had her tires rotated they were inflated to 36 psi whereas door says correct setting is 29. They do this to make sure those damn low pressure warning lights don't come on.
Pressures do run one or two psi higher in the heat of the summer and are lower in the winter. Gas laws are nice to know:
http://www.sartep.com/chem/chartsandtools/gaslawformulas.cfm
Temperature is measured in degrees Kelvin.

My 2017 Elantra calls for 35. I do all four at 36 and they go up to 39/40 during a summer trip. Works great, and gas mileage has been great too.

Thanks to all for the comments.
On 7/7/2018 6:43 AM, CRNG wrote:

Good discussion of topic.