'08 Elantra Small White Clip in the Trunk (2023 Update)

'08 Elantra. I noticed a small white clip in my trunk. If I don't really slam the trunk it will open. Does this clip have something to do with that?

Reply to
Cathy

The small white clip you're describing is likely the trunk lid support clip. It's responsible for holding the trunk lid open when you raise it. If the clip is not functioning properly, it may cause the trunk lid to open unexpectedly if you don't close it firmly. It is recommended to check the clip to make sure it is properly secured and functioning. If not, it should be replaced for safety.

Reply to
Motors Advisor