Hello just wanted to get some help with reprogramming my keyfob that I
bought for my 1996 Trooper from Ebay. I have seen instructions for the
98-01 Trooper, are they the same steps? Like this
'98 - '02 Isuzu Rodeo and Trooper (with factory keyless entry)
Instructions for programming
1. Get in car and make sure all doors are unlocked.
2. Open driver's door and leave open.
3. Put key in ignition.
4. Turn key to 'on position' (dash lights on, but do not start) and
'off position' 3 times in 5 seconds or less. (you must turn the key
5. Close and open driver's door 2 times in 5 seconds or less.
6. Turn key to 'on position' and back to 'off position' 5 times in 5
or less. (turn key very fast)
7. Close and open driver's door the doors should lock and unlock twice
this happens push the lock or unlock button on the remote, doors will
and unlock. Push the lock or unlock button a second time and doors
and unlock again. You are finished!
The above sequence erases all previous codes and adds the new code as
you are adding a second remote, you should follow the same sequence
exception of step 6; instead of turning the key to the 'on position'
back to the 'off position' 5 times in 5 seconds or less, do it 3 times
seconds or less and then continue to step 7.
*Remember to turn the key to the on and off position very fast.
Or Like the one that I have seen that someone from the dealership said
to just look for a black box on the left side of the steering wheel.
Then look for a hole to reset the alarm as soon as you hear a beep
press on the lock or unlock button. Any help would be appreciated.