Best Rated threads in Isuzu Carsshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

95 Rodeo Speedometer / Idle Problems
I have a 1995 Isuzu Rodeo. Recently, the speedometer has stopped working. So the speed is always shown at 0 mph. Also, recently after driving for a while and slowing down to make a turn, the engine...
5
5

1992 Rodeo 3.1 V6 cold start / rough idle problem
Hello, I have a '92 Rodeo (3.1 liter v6 carb equipped) running really rough. I have to gun the heck out of it to keep it running in the morning and once it warms up, it idles kind of rough. I am still...
6
6

93 trooper in "limp" mode
Troopers been going in limp mode for quite some time. Isuzu dealership never could find a problem. A local mechanic says he thinks the alternator is overcharging, sound right? Thanks .........Jim
6
6

NEW OWNER HELP - 90 Amigo - 4WD Shift Boot & Misc ???
Hi... I told my husband I wanted an older 4wd jeep-like truck that I could afford to pay cash for and take to the beach and not worry about getting a little sand, saltwater, etc. in. Jeeps themselves...
3
3

Water leak on 1998 Trooper Please help fill up with water.
I have a 1998 Trooper that I have had back to the dealership to check this water problem but they can't duplicate it. I have water coming in on the passenger side floor board when it rains. When the...
4
4

Oil Drain Plug Location - 1996 Trooper
I bought a '96 Trooper over the summer and have had the dealer doing the oil changes. Now I'd like to give it a whirl myself and am asking if someone can verify where the drain plug is - so I'm...
7
7

When to use 4H??
Hi, I have a 2006 Isuzu Rodeo (Dmax) 3litre jeep. I find when I use 4H for slippery Icy conditions, my car slows down to a halt while turning corners, and then it doesn't move unless I really...
5
5

RE:1999 Rodeo irratic idle and jerky transmission
I haven't had the tranny fluid and filter changed since I got the car. When I bought it, it had around 43k miles on it. I have around 67k on it now. I believe that the rough idle is an air plenum...
7
7

94 Trooper Cranks but won't start...
When I first got the trooper it ran fine and then all of a sudden at times when I turned the key it would do absolutley nothing and I could wait awhile and then turn the key and it would start. Then...
5
5

94 Rodeo, Can't open the door!
Rear left door won't open from inside or out. I think the door needs to be open to get the panel off. Suggestions appreciated! Thanks, Rick
5
5

1993 Rodeo Isuzu - How to fold flat rear seat?
Presently, I do not have my owners manual and I want to fold the rear passenger seat flat. I was told that a 'lever' tool is used to fold the seat. Well, I have found the 'lever' tool but I do not...
1
1

97 rodeo running rich? help please
I am at my wits end with this. This would not bother me If I did not love my ride so much. It all started right after I had my clutch replaced. I picked it up and the next day the CEL was lit. I drove...
3
3

OBD-2 Connector in 2001 Trooper
Can someone kindly tell me where the OBD-2 diagnostic port is on a 2001 Trooper? I bought an OBD II code scanner to find out the cause of a CEL on my Trooper but I can't find where to plug it in!! Any...
2
2

Trooper 3.1TD Engine Heater
We own a 1996 3.1TD Trooper. It has had a variety of electrical faults which I have slowly been fixing. I can not however confirm the Engine heater works. When cold you can switch the engine heater on...
101
101

rodeo dipstick length
My daughter has a 2001 Rodeo AWD with the 3.2 engine. To make a long story short, I suspect the dipstick is the wrong one. I know I have seen references giving dipstick lengths, but cannot find it....
9
9

Isuzu Rodeo 4WD light blinking - stuck in 4x4
My 1999 (57K miles) Isuzu Rodeo 4WD light is blinking and would not go away. It is actually stuck in 4WD so I took it to Dublin Chevrolet/Izusu for repairs. They first said that front axle 4X4 module...
1
1

Spark plug torque for '96 Rodeo, 3.2?
Here at work, getting ready to change plugs(um, first time too... 165K*g* oops) and the manual's at home. Being that it's an aluminum head, don't want to over torque. What should it be? Also, any...
2
2

1994 Isuzu Pickup Rr. ABS Light
Is the Rear ABS light supposed to come on and off, like the rest of lights when I start the engine? The ABS on my Isuzu might not be working since I did not feel the viberation on the brake pedal when...
3
3

1994 3.1TD Timing belt replacement
I have a 1994 3.1 litre Turbo diesel trooper that has reached the 120k miles mark and needs a timing belt change. So I phoned up a couple garages and most quoted Euro 300 or so. But one said that he...
5
5

'96 Trooper Drain Plug Size
I've been changing the oil in my '96 Trooper lately and will continue to do it myself. I've been using a big crescent wrench to loosen the drain plug. I'd like to get the correct size socket or...
2
2