cd player axiom

anyone here played burned cd's in the clarion cd player in an axiom? I was told by isuzu it could not be done. Then I was told by another it may depend upon what speed they were recorded. thanks

Reply to
zitvlak

It dosn't make any difference at what speed you record a CD. If it dosn't work in your OEM cd player then it just won't work.

Reply to
Cole

Not true. My Cd changer in my Trooper will sometimes play CD-Rs and sometimes not. I have found that recording them at 4x or less works much more consistently (although still not always 100%) I first noticed the difference when I upgraded to a faster CD burner that would record at up to

48x and found that the Trooper's CD changer would lose tracking quite easily, so I tried burning at the slower speed and got much better results. The explanation for why this is so is that the CD burner records by darkening (with the laser) spots on the blank disk to mimic the "pits" and "lands" that represent the data on a pressed CD (the laser either reflects or does not reflect off each pit or land thus representing a 1 or a 0). The slower recording speed gives the laser more time to thoroughly darken the "pits" creating a greater contrast between the 1s and 0s. Also as the CD player gets older the reading laser gets weaker and the optics get dirty thus making the player more sensitive to the reduced contrast.
Reply to
Brett W. Rohlfing