Check engine light

I have a 2001 Isuzu Rodeo LS 2WD.....today my check engine light came on. Is there a way to find out why it came on w/o taking it to a shop? I remember in one of my first cars you could turn the ignition as certain way and it would flash a code that you could look up in a book. Anything like this in Isuzus? If so where can I find a list of what the codes mean and how do I get it to display?

Thanks in advance

Alok

Reply to
Buhda

AutoZone will read the codes for free.

-

-- Curtis Newton snipped-for-privacy@remove-me.akaMail.com

ICQ: 4899169 Anti-Spam filter in place--

Reply to
Curtis Newton

Hi I had this problem afew time...Exhaust sensors...

Reply to
Pascal