leaving usa?

Here in NH, several Isusu dealers have ceased marketing Isuzu. I had a recall last year and had to travel a distance to find a dealer. Someone I know, who also owns a Isuzu, said they heard that Isuzu was moving to Canada. What's the word?

Reply to
David Hough

Isuzu is done. Period. Enjoy what you have now.

Isuzu *thinks* it will be able to rise from the ashes in 2007 with a Korean made Rodeo (and nothing more) and the GM clones it currently "markets", but good luck trying to get Bowtie (Chevy/GMC) buyers to buy just because of a warranty that might not be honored eventually and lower cost.....diehard are diehards for a reason.

Let's face it. I don't own an Isuzu anymore, but would IF they brought the D-Max to the USA. Isuzu won't do that, nor will they be bringing any diesels over here, either. That's dumb.

If you want an Isuzu, get a cab-over with that 3.0L TD engine.....

Reply to
Alfred B

I've been thinking the same thing. My local Isuzu dealer closed last year (actually, they went full-Subaru); you see no Isuzu advertising any more; and, Isuzu sold their stake in the Isuzu-Subaru joint plant (in Indiana, I think) to Subaru, and essentially has Subaru make the Rodeos under contract.

Reply to
Brian Wasson

We'd see alot more diesels if the politics would allow them.

Reply to
milesh

What are the issues keeping them out?

Reply to
BuddyWh

You can get the D-Max at your local Chevy dealer but you have to buy the Silverado that comes with it.

Reply to
Joe D

Isuzu has LEFT Canada. Rec'd official letter from them a few months ago.

Reply to
canuguy

That's only part of the story. I think if the demand existed, the politics would follow. General Motors killed the US demand for diesels back in the early '80s by selling bad ones. A whole generation of drivers has an inaccurate impression of diesels because of this.

I think they were already on the way back, and now that fuel prices are at all-time highs, demand for diesels will no doubt increase.

Jack

Reply to
JR

As soon as the politicians mandate low-sulphur diesel fuel. IIRC, many european diesels won't meet emissions or possibly even run correctly on the high-sulphur fuel that still sold here, but is outlawed in most of Europe.

--Kamus

Reply to
Kamus of Kadizhar

Mercedes is bringing back to the US their diesel sedan for 2005.

BTW, Troopers are still manufactured and sold in other parts of the world. It wouldn't take much to bring over some diesel Troopers as a "test" of the market.

Reply to
rob

Old stock may still be sold but they were only ever manufactured in Japan and that production has long ceased. The last one was built nearly two years ago. Unless someone knows different and can provide some reference?

Huw

Reply to
Huw

As far as I can tell, the Trooper is still being manufactured. Granted all these are RHD, but here are a couple references:

Still marketed on Isuzu-UK's web site at

You can also see new-spec Troopers at
in Ireland -- prices shown in Euros at
(including a LHDmodel)

Reply to
rob

How do you conclude that they are still being manufactured from the observation that there are still a few new ones left to be sold and that there is a list price for them? I maintain that both left and right hand drive vehicles were manufactured in the same plant on the same line, which closed down two years next month. If you actually *know* different, then please provide a tiny bit of evidence. Of course you can not because the production line is extinct. The range is as dead as a Dodo :-) There is no more production and there will henceforth and into the forseeable future, no more Troopers. It is a sad reflection on sales that there are still considerable unsold examples well over twelve months after production ceased for good.

It is odd that a few individuals seem far removed from the reality to the extent that they believe what they want to believe despite the facts which are in the public domain if you look. Any dealer [not the cleaning lad perhaps] will tell you the facts, albeit that the date of the last vehicle produced is a bit wooley but acknowledged to be over a year ago.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

Yep, sad but true. I did not find the LHD Trooper, which one was it? Rob, sure you didn't confuse LHD with LWB (long wheel base) vehicles?

Reply to
Ray Laughton

My mistake re: LHD. Actually says "LHR".

I conclude manufacture date by virtue of listing as "2004" model year rather than "left over 2002" model year. Missed the news re: closing of plant and cessation of worldwide production. Do you have link?

Thanks.

Rob

Reply to
rob

closing

It will likely take a few seconds to search Google using 'isuzu trooper production end' or similar criteria. I would post a few links but my news server will trash posts with multiple links.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

This link will help you find more information about the vanishing breed...it's not much, but it is a bit more than has been previously discussed in the group.

Reply to
Weldon Rodgers