Alarm problem on XJ6

I have a XJ6 1996 with alarm problems. It started when I tryed to unlock the car with the remote controll, nothing happend. I opened the car with the key ( alarm dosent go on ). I tryed to start the car and the imobilizer prevent me from start it. When I took off the battery pole and reconnected it I manage to start the car. The alarm worked normally for a week or two. Same problem again and same way to "fix it" ... Now the fault is diffrent and the alarm is always "off" and I have to lock and unlock with the key. The battery reset doesn't help anymore.

Can the fault be in the alarm box ? Please help me somone !

Birger Hanson Sweden

Reply to
Birger Hanson

Hello Birger,

I would gamble that it is your alarm box going, however, the cheapest thing you can do now is replace the battery in your remote. You never know...freaky things happen.

Regards, Blake Dodson

Reply to
Blake Dodson

"Blake Dodson" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

Hello Blake,

Thanks for your answer. I have new batterys in the remote an the problem is the same.

Regards, Birger Hanson

Reply to
Birger Hanson