CD Changer for Jaguar X Type Sport - uk

Hello,

Does anyone know where I can get a cd changer fitted that fits into the radio in the jaguar x type. I have been told that Jaguar are the only ones that can fit these as they are optic fibre CAN networked and the cables are not freely available to re-sellers and fitters. A number of fitters reckon that they can fit them but it does involve having additional controls screwed to the dash (which I do not want).

Jaguar charger £650 for the installation of a changer which seems rather steep considering BWM only charge £200 for their changers to be fitted.

Any help would be appreciated in sourcing a good fitter who can install in the North West of England.

Cheers

Richard

Reply to
Richard G Seddon

Existing radio has to be programmed to accept the the new network device (cd changer) the setup cost about $750.00 U.S. and 1 hour labor $95.00. Its all about profit and propriatary equipment.

Reply to
Bob

Well, the changer is an Alpine, so I'd expect the head unit reprogramming is all you'd need from a Jaguar dealer, if that. The rest should be easily accomplished by a good Alpine dealer. The changers are on eBay for around $200.

-- C.R. Krieger '02 X-Type '87 535is (x2)

Reply to
C.R. Krieger

Do Alpines typically use optical connections? The Jag one does.

Reply to
Bob

I bought the one I have from Jag Dealer. I installed it with proper cables also from Dealer but the head unit did not recognize there was a changer...tried resetting power ...Disconnecting battery etc. No luck. 30 minutes later dealer had it programmed. Cost me $95.00 And no one( vast supply of Car Toy stores here in Dallas) could help. It is Proprietary. Bob

Reply to
Bob

Ya got me there. It may be that Alpine is making this thing *for* Jaguar outside their normal line of changers, but there's absolutely no question in my mind that it's an Alpine. The cartridge interchanges with the Alpine cartridge in my BMW and the sliding door design is distinctively Alpine, as well. It just says "Jaguar" on the front.

I'm assuming we're writing about the *six* disk changer that sits under the Nav system drive in the trunk.

-- C.R. Krieger (Doesn't have a Benz, either ...)

Reply to
C.R. Krieger

It is definitely an Alpine with a proprietary Optical interface. And yes it is mounted in the trunk left side with all the factory cables. Bob

Reply to
Bob