Code for type s radio

I have a 2001 type s. The handbook states that I will need the radio code if I disconnect the battery. Jaguar dealer has no code listed formy car. Does coding apply to 2001 Type s jags sold in the US ? Thanks

Reply to
<kpara

Hi. I just had the same problem (Left my 2000 S-type with the key inserted in a parking-house in Venice, Italy = new battery :-( ). The car is imported to Denmark from Germany, and I don't have the "radiocards" that the radio-manual refers to, but I called my danish Jaguar-dealer, and given the chassis-number, he looked up my radio-code in some kind of a Jaguar-online-registry, so it is possible to find ! regards Niels Hejnfelt, Denmark

skrev i en meddelelse news:Kn7Tc.3349$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com...

Reply to
Niels Hejnfelt