2000 4Runner Radio Code??

I'm about to replace a battery on my 2000 4Runner limited. I was looking through my original papers from the dealer and I don't see anything that says "Radio Code"

Does this model need a radio code to activate the radio once the battery is disconnected?

Thanks for any input John.

Reply to
John

The answer depends on the model radio that is installed and whether you ever input a security code. If you never input a security code, there will not be any flashing red lights on the radio face when the key is out of the ignition and no code is needed to activate the radio when you re-connect the battery.

Reply to
Ray O

The only flashing light I ever see is the one on the panel marked "security" which I assume is for the factory installed alarm/eng. immoblizer. I never saw anything flash on the radio itself.

John

Reply to
John

You should not have any problems replacing the battery, especially if you did not input a code.

Reply to
Ray O

ok. I'll give it a try! Thanks for the reply. John "> You should not have any problems replacing the battery, especially if you

Reply to
John

You're welcome!

Reply to