heated front screen

Can anyone keep me right here, I bought a 2000 model (uk) s type 3 lt se, on the dash there is a switch for both the rear and front heated screen, also a switch which appears to operate both at the same time. The front screen switch when "on" lights up with a yellow light same as does the rear switch light. Problem i have is that the jaguar dealership I bought car from state that the car did not come with a heated front screen which is apparently an option and that all S-types come with the switch but that it does not have the electrics fitted. Strange since the light comes on ???? any ideas.....

Reply to
john goodfellow

The button that makes them both light is the de-mist, also blows air on the front.

Does the screen have thin wires running up it? If it does, its heated. If it is heated and doesn't work, have the dealer fix it. They should supply it working even if they're too dumb to spot it.

Alex

Reply to
Alex
1 Does it demist/frost when activated?

2 You should be able to see fine wire mesh when you look through front screen at certain angle, and should be some cable connection, I assume in engine bay.

Reply to
Gel

Hi John,

Mine does the same, and I thought the same as you it was a heated front screen, later reading the owners handbook very carefully its states that its a heated for the park area for the wiper blades i.e the Black area were the wipers live when stationary, if you look in that black area you will see thin wire trace's, these I believe to be a small defrost area for the wipers so they don't stick to the windscreen in cold/ icy weather.

Paul

2000 3Ltr S-Type

Reply to
Paul