new replacement ingition key

Does anyone know if the a new replacement key for a 2003 X-type has to be programmed by the dealer or are they complete and ready to use as shipped from Jaguar?

Mark

Reply to
Mark

I was driving a 2002 X-Type today as a courtesy car. Whilst parked up somewhere and very bored I read the user manual - just so happens I read a section on the keys which stated that if you lose a key you have to get a new one programmed by the jaguar dealer.

So I'd assume therefore that if you were to buy a replacement the same would apply - ie, it's a trip to the dealer. If it's a 2003 car though, and hence new (call me Holmes), I doubt they would charge you for the programming - probably a 10 second job.

Reply to
Russell Fray

Reply to
sharon.revell