no unlock button in xj40?

heres another dumb question... but i own a 91 xj40, am i blind or is there not door UNLOCK button that exists? the only way to unlock the doors is to pull the door lever to open it or lift up the locks. im kinda dumbfounded, who makes a car with power locks which you can unlock!?

thanks!!!!

Reply to
diddydee

I am not really sure but doesn't the newer Jags have a 'central locking system'? As in when you push/pull the door lock, all of the doors unlock/lock just like a button. I could be wrong on this though, as I am still new to the Jag scene. Later, WEIMER

dumbfounded,

Reply to
<jweimer1741

Jaguar, Subaru, Peugeot, and others. OTOH - How many cars offer a single switch that locks the doors and shuts the windows?

DieInterim

Reply to
DieInterim

so are you saying then that there is no switch to unlock the doors?

sorry for my typo, but the sentenace was "cant unlock?"

ya i recently discovered the lock and roll feature. although i find it kind of odd. normally people lock the doors and roll up the windows when they get out of the car, not when they are in it.

maybe im just not accustomed to english ways.

thanks!!!

Reply to
diddydee

Hi,

Well look at it this way....You are a hot babe and some Merle Haggard comes runing up to your car, suddenly you see the value of that button if you can sit up and locate it in time. ;-)

Blake

Reply to
DieInterim