unlock fuel filler flap

this question has been past on to me through someone else. i have been asked how to unlock the fuel filler flap on a 1998 jaguar. this person does not know the model of their jag, knowing this, where would one find it on either of the 3 series?

thanks!

Reply to
diddydee

First the doors must be unlocked , and if that does not work consult your owners manual for a picture of where the fuel door mechanism manual override is.

I have seen rear power door locks fail but have never replaced the one for the fuel door.

DieInterim

Reply to
DieInterim

im pretty sure she doesnt have the owners manual. =/

Reply to
diddydee

do you think it might be in the trunk? ive never tried it, but when working in my trunk i thought i saw the same white switch that is also in the gas filler compartment.

Reply to
diddydee

OK. I'll see if I can conjure up some picture and go from there.

Reply to
DieInterim

dont worry about it.... she found it

thanks

Reply to
diddydee

turning the car on will unlock the fuel cap lid

Reply to
Stvinfl

I have a 1990 with a cable release.

I have found the hindge sticks enough to prevent the spring from raising the fuel cap lid.

Spraying the hindge with lubricant every three months or so has solved the problem.

Regards

Richard

Reply to
Richard Short