Disco for sale

Thought we'd give you guys first crack before sticking it on Ebay / Auto-trader for the rest of the world to have a go:

Company car forces sale of beloved Discovery.....

1998 R - TDi - ES Premium - manual Epsom metallic green full leather seats - all 7! air con full electric pack twin sunroof heated front seats driver & passenger airbags 6CD changer / radio / cassette four reasonably new tyres Allisport upgraded intercooler FSH heated front windscreen rear access ladder 104,000 miles taxed & tested (cam belt and tensioner done within last 12 months)

From no-smoking & pet-free family!!!!

Fantastic family motor - never, ever let us down....will be very, very sad to see it go.

Looking for offers over £7,500.

Cheers, Icky.

email to: snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk

Reply to
the ickys

Doh! Sorry, forgot to say (due to my huge sense of loss!) we are in West Yorkshire.

Reply to
the ickys

On or around Thu, 15 Sep 2005 20:18:58 GMT, "the ickys" enlightened us thusly:

nice spec but I honestly doubt you'll get that much for it - disco Is are gogin very cheap now which is great if you're looking to buy but not so good otherwise.

You have the advantages of spec and FSH and so on, which should help it. They're not going that high on ebay, though, even fully loaded ones.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Even with AutoTrader showing any number of comparable examples at £4-5K?

It sounds like a lovely car, and well worth £7500. But market forces means it is, IMHO, highly unlikely to get near to that.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Reply to
the ickys

You guys really know how to haggle.... whos going to come in with the first offer?

:0)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

On or around Fri, 16 Sep 2005 13:26:55 +0100, "Huw" enlightened us thusly:

as it would mine, but I was going by what they're fetching on eBay - the OP mentioned he was likely to try it there.

It's got all the plus points, I grant you - and might be 6K on a dealer's forecourt...

There are a lot of D1s on the market, and the early D2s are getting down in to that territory now.

Mind, I'd prefer a late D1 to an early D2, meself :-)

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Fri, 16 Sep 2005 14:09:31 +0000 (UTC), "Badger" enlightened us thusly:

such is the state that we've decided against changing the 300 TDi for something smaller and cheaper to run. 's a 95, bit over 100K miles and very sound, but we'd be lucky to get 3K for it I reckon.

I reckon I got a result selling my V8 (and the gas conversion no doubt helped) for 1500.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Fri, 16 Sep 2005 18:55:19 +0100, "Lee_D" enlightened us thusly:

hehe.

I was considering it the other day. But it's too high for me, and in any case, I worked out that I still need more seats than a disco has, even with the change in routine which has just happened.

Now if someone wants to donate a 101 to a good cause...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

In message , Austin Shackles writes

Just sold a N reg XS in red 300tdi.

With only 39,000 miles it had always been kept in a heated garage and had not a spot of rust on it. Absolutely perfect.

I had three customers interested it went for 7.5k.

Discoverys will begin to sell more on condition than mileage and condition. Just the same as Defenders do. The main trouble with the discos is the level of corrosion present in relatively recent vehicles.

Reply to
Marc Draper

Just think of all those new type Discovery's costing mid thirties now and likely to be around seven k at seven years old :-(

Huw

Reply to
Huw

I'll have it for Ten bob and a pickled egg :O)

Reply to
jOn