Radio pre-sets? '95 XJS w/CD changer

I'm guessing that the (Jaguar branded) CD changer came with it's own instruction manual - which didn't make it to me.

I've played around a bit, but can't figure out how to set the radio's buttons. If I'm missing something stupid or obvious, please say so, as long as you also tell me what to do - in s-i-m-p-l-e words. :)

Reply to
brooke

Hi, From my '94 XJS radio manual: Preset Buttons- In each waveband, six stations can be memorised in the bank of preset buttons marked 1 to 6. After tuning to a station, hold the desired preset button for at least two seconds. The unit will then 'beep' to indicate the station has been srtored and the red light on the button lights up. The station can be recalled from this Preset Memory by pressing the button momentarily(for less than two seconds).

Hope this helps

Reply to
Siest098

By the way, I hope the previous owner gave you the radio code!!! If not, the radio will be disabled if you ever lose power from, or remove the battery.

Reply to
Siest098

I'm glad I didn't see this earlier, or I'd have been afraid to change the battery! I didn't end up losing anything, so I guess this one doesn't have that feature.

Thanks.

Reply to
brooke

Hello,

Not so fast! If you leave the battery disconnected for 3-5 minutes you'll be calling the dealership...

DieInterim

Reply to
DieInterim

I took the old battery out and turned it in at the parts store when buying the new one. The XJS was battery-less for about an hour. Weird?

Reply to
brooke

Hello,

Yes weird, but that is good. After 1988 anti-theft radios were used by Jaguar, these can be identified by a flashing led on the faceplate when the car is off. It is quite possible that your radio is uncommon, or not a factory unit.

So be happy, however, don't forget how to set your recall buttons... ;-)

DieInterim

Reply to
DieInterim

I had my 98 XK8's battery disconnected for several hours; didn't lose my radio's operability or even the presets.

Reply to
Jeff Lindstrom

That's good to know. I think it was in everyones best interest, Jaguar included, to get rid of that annoying radio code issue.

Maybe we should become the Jag radio group.......

Reply to
DieInterim