Re: Hub Bearing trouble on S-type

A month ago I had to change the vertical link on the suspension on the front

> passenger side and I am not if they changed the bearing also or they > refitted > the old.

When the vertical link is changed, the bearing is re-used. But it's pretty simple to change if it's not stuck.. It's only attached with four bolts to the vertical link.

Has anyone had many problems with the suspension on the S-type but mainly > with bearings and links. > > My car is a late 1999 model.

It's not unlikely that the bearing is worn now for a 1999 model.

Also the Stabilization bar and it's links are likely to make some noise on rough roads.

Reply to
KawaPWR

Thanks for the reply KawaPWR,

I do not want to sound like a cynic, but the car has only done 30K miles so far, thus I will be really disapointed if the the hub baering is gone so quickly. I have a 10year old Peugeot 405 with 150k miles, and I still have not changed any of the bearings, and I have treatesd that car really badly compared to the Jag.

Anycase thanks for the info.

Vas

Reply to
Vasilis Mavrogenis

Hi again

Like you said the noise came from the front hub bearing. So it's probably the bearing or the tyre that is making the noise.

About the lifetime of the bearing, I know several are changed under warranty.

Best Regards

"Vasilis Mavrogenis" skrev i en meddelelse news:bfh99b$luk$ snipped-for-privacy@titan.btinternet.com...

Reply to
KawaPWR