Re: Portland, Oregon auto body opinion

"Artistic Auto Body" on Hunziker St in Tigard has a good name. They worked on on my XJ6 and I was happy. They are also in Wilsonville.

Stay away from Lief's - ripoff, in my opinion.

There's another place whose name I can't remember, but they are on Macadam, on the river side, down near the Sellwood bridge. They kind of hide in a downsloping driveway. They had nothing by BMWs and Mercedes in their shop when I went there.

Hello Jaguar Owners and Lovers, > I live in oregon and i want to do some auto body repair on my XK8 coupe. > I have two chips in the paint and i want to get it fixed. I don't know where > is a good and trustful auto body repair shop. I bought it from Monte Shelton > and they sent me to a place called Sam's Auto Body & Paint Inc . Has anyone > had experience with them? Do they do good work for an reasonable price? Your > help would be much appreciated. > > Thanks All > >
Reply to
pdb

I had my Jag repainted at Sam's. Good, correct work, but not exactly a warm reception in the front office.

Have Sam give you a tour - many vintage Jags abound there...

Also I have had good results with Broadway autobody, however, they are very slow.

DieInterim

Reply to
DieInterim

What ever you do, don't go across the river to Tim U'ren in Vancouver... the guy is a washed up carpenter, who smokes too much pot. He fell off the roof of a house he was building a while back, and got hurt real bad, so he decided to go into painting cars for a living. His friends think he's great, because his prices are low, but he uses a roller and a brush to paint everything!

Reply to
Hector_Berlioz