The Punishment from God - the Mark 2 Jaguar

Not really. Just thought people might be interested in the further tales of the "Mark 2 won't go" saga. As I said before, the bottom timing chain had jumped a couple of teeth. Well, I finally fired the beast up this afternoon after replacing the timing chain (chain tensioner was found in the sump) and associated bits while the front and sump were off. The old beast now goes like a rocket and sounds so sweet. I'm really looking forward to a run down the coast on the weekend. These Jags are wondrous things when they are going, aren't they?

Graham

Reply to
Graham L

They sure are nice runners! Do you need a co-pilot Graham?

Cheers, Blake

Reply to
Blake Dodson

If you can make it to Ulladulla by 9:30 a.m. Sunday morning, Blake, you're on.

Graham

Reply to
Graham L

Umatilla er madillagorilla? ...... Just teasing. Is that a native name, and what is its translation? I wish I really could be there.

Blake

Reply to
Blake Dodson

I think it is derived from Ngulla Dulla - aboriginal for Place of the Beautiful Jaguar. Could also mean Place of the Safe Harbour. But since all the local natives were killed off or moved to Sydney long ago, we're not sure. Anyway, weather's looking good for Sunday. Should be a clear cool day. Ideal weather for driving a Mark 2 to Mystery Bay for a picnic with our local vintage car club! Those old Fords and Chev's better keep out of the way, there'll be a Jag MOTORING!

Graham

Reply to
Graham L