'03 Jeep Wrangler Vibration

My '03 Jeep Wrangler with just over 24K miles has developed a pretty severe vibration in the front end at about 50 miles per hour and goes away at speeds a little higher. Any help?

Reply to
wrybread

An out of balance tire usually makes itself known about that speed....

I would rotate the tires to see if it changes and while doing that I would hand spin the tires to see if one has gone out of round or has an 'S' wiggle that indicates a bent rim or broken belt.

Mike

Mike Romain

When was the last time the tires were balanced and rotated? Coasty

Reply to
Coasty

If you feel it in the gas pedal it could be the front drive shaft is not balance or the u-joint is not good. Best way to test it is to remove the front drive shaft and drive around. You can have the dealer do this, it should be covered.

Reply to
snowboardripper

Reply to
wrybread via CarKB.com