1992 Wrangler won't start in Morning

Is the air filter dirty?

That will cause your current symptoms and the cold start issues.

A dirty gas filter also will cause both symptoms.

Mike

the car seems to be starving for gas and acts like it is going to stop. First it was happening when I reached 60 miles per hour. Now it is happening all the time when I start to pull up.

press on the gas.

Reply to
Mike Romain

MIke and Everyone, sorry for the long delay in replying to the message. The air filter is clean. What I found out is that the hose clamp connecting the fuel filter to the fuel line was loose. when I pressed on the hose fuel came out. So, I tightened the clamp

It has not acted like starving for gas since that day

I am still having to wait 10 to 15 minutes whenever the car is cold before I am able to get things energized to be able to start the car

Merry Christmas to everyone

-- nelkhour

View this thread:

Send from

nelkhour

Car is no longer starting. But after changing the PCM it seems to be starting just fine. Will keep everyone posted if it dies again

Thank you for all the help that I have received on this. Your time and efforts as well as valuable insight has been very much appreciated

Happy New Year. and God Bless Americ

Nadi

-- nelkhour

View this thread:

Send from

nelkhour

Hi Nadim, I'm having problems w/ my PCM also. Did you change it out yourself or have it done at a dealer? Did you pay a lot, if so? I'm trying to do mine myself (or make my husband do it) to save some money, also because if took it's final breath up on the top of our mountain and do not want to pay a towing fee from here! Yikes. Thanks, Mary

Reply to
Mary

Dear Mary

I had it done at the Delear since I was not sure if it was the PCM or something else all together. I am living in the Middle East so, I paid 3 times what you would have paid for the PCM in the States and the Delear. It is not that difficult for your husband to change

The PCM on a 1992 Jeep Wrangler is on the driver side on the firewall behind the overfill radiator tank

Hope this helps

Nadi

-- nelkhour

View this thread: