1997 Wramgler Sport - front windshield wipers

While driving down the highway, my front windshield wipers operate intermittantly and start moving without any activation of the steering column wiper lever. Could this be a defective steering column wiper switch, wiper relay or possibly an electrically short.

Thanks for any recommendation of how to repair......... Merry Christmas ...... !

Reply to
terry-mcintyre

Most likely, a defective relay. Difficult to test unless you can unplug and isolate the switch wiring from the relay itself without disconnecting the relay's power supply. I used to have a horn relay that liked to go off now and then, and often when I was driving behind a cop. Finally, one day it went off in my own driveway while the car was parked, and I had to pull the horn wires to make it shut up. Changing the relay was a permanant fix.

Reply to
Outatime

I think you need to start troubleshooting by finding out how to stop the wipers after they start by theirself. Without any additional information, my guess is the Combo Switch that operates the wipers, turn signals, and high beams.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland