2001 Grand Cherokee Lift Kit

Hello,

I have a 2001 Grand Cherokee LTD and I am interested in adding a lift kit. The only problem is that I cannot find one! All my searches seem to end with the 98' model year. Anyone out there know where I can find one?

Thanks!

Reply to
DougD

BDS markets a 2" lift kit for the '01 GC that will allow you to run

31x10.5 tires. Includes coils and shocks. (Don't know anything about it though, found it by googling.)

Teraflex sells a 2" coil spacer lift that fits the '01, which also allows 31" tires. (I believe Daystar markets a similar kit.) My girlfriend has the Teraflex spacer lift on her '03. Works fine, doesn't introduce any handling problems, and is perfectly adequate for running dirt roads and mild trails.

I have a neighbor who put a 6" lift on his '04 GC. Don't know the make. He reports highway handling issues and several other complaints.

Try the North American Grand Cherokee web page. You should find more information there.

Robert Bills

Reply to
mic canic

Coil spacers up to 2" are a cheap and easy way to fit 30" or 31" tires.

For more serious off road capability and to clear 32x11.50 or even

33x10.50 tires, there are some good 4" suspension systems available:

You can get 6" or 8" long arm systems to clear 35" tires, but cost goes up exponentially considering required upgrades for axles, gearing, drive shafts, etc.

Some more info from a guy who sells custom kits:

Hello,

Reply to
Steve

Thank you for the info!