97 JGCL (stone white)

I am tired of my funky Michelin SUV tires! They suck so bad for a tire apparently made for SUV type vehicles. I guess its my fault for thinking of my 1997 JEEP Grand Cherokee Limited as an SUV instead of the off road vehicle it is, bad, bad me!

Anyway Those damn tires are like are like magnets, every thing from bolts to penny nails! A BIG FAT FLAT! So now I want some real tires for my JEEP, something I can run over a whiskey bottle with. I was thinking I could do this without having to raise the JEEP or adding any extra hardware if possible. Any ideas? Anybody? Please. I know! Bill! Yeah! Bill knows!! BILL HELP WHAT TIRES WOULD BE GOOD FOR MY BABY! o|||||o

I saw a real cool CJ around the block and he had the tires with an extra thick zig zag pattern on them and had the word BAJA on them, they look like they could run over a land mine in Iraq. Could they work on my 97 JGCL?

--HM

--NYC

Reply to
News Groups

L.W.(ßill)

look at the chart , then buy the bfgoodrich. great on my fullsize brongo, my 88 xj cherokee and my 2000 classic xj cherokee. cost right and quiet with great traction. john

Reply to
johnny

YA Bill your the man!! I always tell my friends that I visit the JEEP newsgroups when I have scratching my head fits over my JEEP and they laugh!.. But my JEEP runs like Swiss watch no matter if I am going to the grocery store or crossing a river in the end I am the one who is laughing... HAHAHAHAA! I put the BFG tires on guys! Very nice! Got compliments just comin outta the tire shop. Thanx a million!

Reply to
spam

Thnx Johnny! Yep the BFG tires are exactly what my JEEP needed. They look like they were made for my baby. Thnx again!

Reply to
spam

I just put some Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo's on my TJ. It looks like you are, or have already gone with, the BFGs and I don't think you can go wrong there.

I have been impressed with the Revo's... haven't been offroad with them yet, but they are excellent in rain where the OEM Goodyear GSAs were pretty much like racing slicks.

Reply to
Ichabod Shagnasti

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

I'm running Goodyear Wrangler MTR's on my XJ. Excellent off road tires. A bit noisy but that's why there's a volume knob on the stereo. I'm running Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo's on the '62 Willys. Also a great tire.

Best regards, Dave Rose Cactus Cowboy Big Wonderful Wyoming '49 Willys Pickup (parts truck) '62 Willys Pickup 4WD 226 '98 XJ Sport O|||||||O

Reply to
cactuscowboy

The picture on that site doesn't do the tread justice. It's actually quite spaced out and very deep. Definitely not lugs, but much more AT than HT.

I was stuggling between an AT and an MT tire and ultimately decided to stick w/ AT since it's still my daily driver and is on the road 95% of the time. The BFGs are probably better offroad in the AT version.

Reply to
Ichabod Shagnasti