2004 X front end noise

Got a new 2004 Columbia Edition Wrangler. My first Jeep.

I hear a what sounds like a binding sound when taking off, sounds like the drive shaft and only last for a second or two. I thought I read this front end noise is normal some where but not sure. Does anybody know. I checked everything up there and it all looks and feels tight. Just wondering before I take it in to have it looked at.

Thanks,

Tim

Reply to
Intergate

Shouldn't be any noise coming from the front end if you are in 2-WD. If you are in 4-hi or 4-lo on dry pavement, the drivetrain will bind up and you may hear noise and cause damage. Be sure to only use 4-hi or 4-lo on slippery surfaces, like snow, ice, dirt, mud, etc.

Tom

Reply to
mabar

Hard to tell by your description, but should not any "binding sound". I assume it's not in four wheel drive.

-- JimG

80' CJ-7 258 CID 35" BFG MT on 15x10 Centerlines D44 Rear, Dana 30 Front. SOA 4.56 Gears, LockRight F&R Dana 300 w/4:1 & Currie twin sticks Warn X8000i w/ dual batteries

Reply to
JimG

Let us know what you find out as I just bought an '04 columbia that clunks when you accel mildly from a stop. Mine sounds more like a u-joint than binding, so it may or may not be related. Haven't made it back to the dealer yet.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Maho