4 low not engaging

I had a 4" lift put on my '97 wrangler about a year ago. The guy that put it on was a friend of a friend and lives really far out of town. His dad actually runs a mud-sling competition and he works on all kinds of jacked up mud mobiles and he did a good job with the install. The only thing wrong is that now the 4 low doesn't engage. He said he talked to the lift manufacturer and it was just a small adjustment that needed to be made, but I have since moved and lost contact with this guy. Any ideas of what may be wrong so that I could attempt to repair this myself?

Reply to
baltork

It is theoretically adjustable depending on how insane the amount of the 'body' part of the lift is...

If the body has been lifted, then it might need a linkage extension that usually comes with the kit.

Other than that, you just go under, loosen the linkage set bolt, put the shifter into 4 low with a 1/8" drill bit as a spacer from the lever stop plate up top, set the t-case to 4 low and tighten the adjuster.

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail > I had a 4" lift put on my '97 wrangler about a year ago. The guy that
Reply to
Mike Romain

Baaaaaaad, Jeff, baaaaaaaad.

-jenn