78 CJ-7

Please elaborate ...I'm curious. Is it the cold, the snow, or the type of traction that's a problem?

Reply to
griffin

They call lockers 'low side finders'. All paved roads have a center crown to drain water off to the side. You do the math....

Mike

Mike Romain

Ah, *that* issue ...well aware of that one. That's why I'd never ride with full-time lockers as a daily-winter driver here, but I was thinking maybe there was another more serious issue (effect of cold, snow traction, etc).

Reply to
griffin

Reply to
Greg

I have had some really hairy experiences on the logging roads out there in the summer even. It is slick rock shale in places and my truck with the rear limited slip only wanted to crab walk up until I had no more traction. So here I am pointing up with a cliff on one side and a sheer one mile drop on the other with the arse end crabbed out toward the drop.

Can't go forward or back.....

I managed to get out, but it was literally one inch back, one inch forward and took a 'long' time to get me straight enough to try and back down. Couldn't even jack it up and push it over to gain an inch or two, there was too much tilt on the road.

When or if I get a locker it will 'have' to be one I can turn on or off and I am specifically thinking on being in your neck of the woods to need such a thing.

Go to Tahsis on the Island and try to get to the Pacific Ocean from there. Wicked trail!

Mike

Greg wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain