Snow

Ok who's got snow, we never get snow in Bicester/Oxford :-(

Coming over the M40 J9 this morning I saw an BMW that had about 1 1/2 inch's of snow on the roof and bonnet. I dont know where it had come from.

Later

Phil (not stuck in any snow)

Defender 90 (T15ER R) (wants to play in the snow)

Phil Clarke

Nice of the driver to consider brushing the snow off, for fear of it flying off at 70mph.. sorry 90mph you did say it was a BMW.. car in 5th brain in neutral as usual.

IRRC its an offence in Switzerland to drive your car with snow piled up high.

Reply to
Mungo

Mungo composed the following;:

I didn't know they had an M40 in Switzerland ...

Reply to
Paul - xxx

"Mungo" wrote in news:3KbJd.489$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe5-gui.ntli.net:

If so it's a frequently comitted one. I live in Geneva (where, incidentally, we have a lot of snow at the moment) and don't recall ever having seen anyone make a serious attempt to get the snow off the roof of their car. Last winter I saw a small car (a Clio or similar) stop at the lights and have a foot deep layer of snow slide forward from the roof and down the windscreen. Most entertaining. I don't think 1.5 inches of snow on a BMW will cause anyone any problems, though.

Just to gloat... we took the Disco skiing (IYSWIM) on Sunday, on roads with about a foot of snow. We had the same on the roof (it's a bit hard to clear it off) but I did clear the bonnet.

Jeremy

Reply to
Jeremy Mortimer

Reply to
Phil Clarke

On or around Tue, 25 Jan 2005 08:27:13 GMT, Jeremy Mortimer enlightened us thusly:

coo, you have a disco with skis?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Isn't that known as a Terreno?

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Austin Shackles wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

That's right - some on the back and some more inside. It seems to manage quite nicely without any underneath.

Jeremy

Reply to
Jeremy Mortimer

In message , Phil Clarke writes

It comes from the sky. What happens is........

Reply to
hugh

In message , Mungo writes

Roads must be empty most days in the winter then. I suppose very one goes on those efficient never a minute late trains they have over there.

Reply to
hugh

In message , Phil Clarke writes

Oh dear - the antis will have that marked down as an accident caused by a 4x4.

Reply to
hugh

In message , Jeremy Mortimer writes

Ah, but a proper Land Rover would have some on the roof as well, just in case.

Reply to
hugh

Russia probably :)

Reply to
Larry

We don't have any in Sydney - it's about 28C at the moment and very humid. Snow would be good.

Reply to
Viviane