'88 Commanche floor boards

I have a 1988 Commanche...decent shape mechanically...usual rust. The drivers side floor boards have rusted out. Is there a replacement sheet metal part available or am I going to have to fabricated this myself?

Reply to
K. A. Cannon

Mine rusted out in that damned hole where the body mount bolts on - fabbing that took some cussing. If you can't find a kit, then you are in for some serious sheet metal work. The original was ribbed to stiffen it - I wound up welding some channel instead of bending those then filled the whole mess with roofing tar to stop any further rust. Also check behind the pedals on the firewall for rust - I had a quarter sized hole up behinf the brake pedal that let water in from the splash which compounded the floor problem. Saw the same hole in 2-3 that were in a local junk yard.

Reply to
Will Honea

** Posted from
**
Reply to
L.W.(ßill)Hughes III

Apparently that's what happened, to much welding between your ears caused shrinkage.

Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Reply to
Dr.Neuraxis