88 Wrangler YJ 2bbl 4.2

88 jeep geets warm and the electrical to the engine cuts out. still get interior lights but all the dash board gages and lights get knocked out. but the clock works.the engine cools for a few minuts and it starts and runs fine till it warms up again. any thoughts??? Thanks Locoman
Reply to
jslaney

Sounds like a dirty connection on the post of the starter relay on the firewall. Follow the positive battery cable, this post is at the end of it on the firewall. There are a mess of wires connecting there (the wiring harnesses fuse links) and the loops likely need cleaning.

Mike

snipped-for-privacy@cox.net wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

have fun tracing which wire, to find where it is going to ground. I know this doesn't help and yes will take awhile to do...also clean connectors while your at it.

Reply to
wraithyjeep

Reply to
RoyJ

Sorry I am a old man! I did ALL that before posting the question!! LOL...Thanks any more sugestions ? Loco

Reply to
jslaney

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Is this a test or something? Do you think our troubleshooting ideas are are so off the wall they are laughable?

I won't mention the other hidden harness grounds then because I am 'sure' you must have cleaned them too.

Bye now.

Mike

Mike Romain

Reply to