93 ZJs Cracking noise

Hi There,

When it is sub-zero temperature, the passenger side of both my ZJs will make "a single crack noise" after the vehicle's internal temperature warms up. It sounds like a stone chip hit the metal of the vehicle.

It's been like this since I bought the ZJs (I6 and V8, both limited).

Did anyone know where the noice comes from and the way to fix/check it?

Thanks in advanced,

Paul

Reply to
Bogey Buster

Bogey Buster did pass the time by typing:

That's common on almost any vehicle and some of us old-farts as well. It is caused by materials in/on the body expanding/contracting at different rates. Not much to do or that can be done and finding the noise is basically impossible.

My suggestion is to turn up the radio. :)

Reply to
DougW

Yeah, and the roof rack bars also tend to rattle when they are colder than H. Someday am gonna get annoyed enough to take some black silicone to them.

Reply to
L0nD0t.$t0we11

Thanks Folks

Paul

Reply to
Bogey Buster

Oh is that what that is? I figure it's the person in front of me chuckin stones....well, now when it happens I won't rip up beside them and him them teh single finger salute!

Reply to
SB

My Jeep made that noise not too long ago when the ice in the washer fluid tank cracked.

Reply to
Mark12211