95 YJ Radio Trouble

I own a 95 YJ and recently i've been having radio problems When starting the car the radio doesn't work on the FM stations, just static on every station, but the AM stations work perfectly fine. After driving for about 20 minutes, the radio will kick in and start playing. Its been driving me insane and if anyone has any ideas on how to fix it it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Reply to
partytrucking

When you figure it out, let us know eh. I have 2 Jeep radios that act like that.... They eventually stop kicking in.....

Mike

Mike Romain

I eventually got frustrated with it and hit the bottom of the radio with my fist, and hey! it started working again! Just want to know if anyone had the same problem and if they did something to fix it for good? (without hitting my jeep).

Mike Roma> When you figure it out, let us know eh. I have 2 Jeep radios that act

Reply to
partytrucking

My jeep just has front speakers, and was acting like that. What I found was that the fader was set for half front, half rear speakers... apperently if you have it faded to non-existant speakers, it will overload and cut in and out. Nick

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Reply to
nnote