96 JGC Factory Radio Problem Question?

Gentlemen;

If there is a better group than this one for this question - please advise?

I have a 96 JGC Ltd purchased new w/175K miles on it and having been maintained well it looks and runs just fine.

Lately, however, a strange thing has started happening with the factory radio. This is the AM/FM w/CD+Tape and joy stick balancer. Sometimes there will be NO FM signals present. Just a rush sound. The AM works just fine. I try switching back and forth between bands with the button and once in a while the FM will suddenly appear (well, actually sound!) Many of my radio buttons including my cruise control buttons on the steering wheel do not react immediately as they should. They must sometimes be repeatedly depressed or held in for several secords for them to be recognized.

I can only imagine what the cause may be but before I go off and perform major surgery for the wrong reason(s) I thought I would post this issue here to see if any one else has experienced the same symptom(s) and if so, what may of been done to correct them if anything. I'd hate to have to unload a perfectly good otherwise functional vehicle for such an indiotic symptom.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Bob

Reply to