97 Jeep Wrangler bizarre VIN

I got (imported) a second hand 97' Jeep Wrangler with a VIN I cannot understand. It is supposed to be a Sahara model but this is the VIN:

1 - USA J - Jeep 4 - MPV F - 1815 to 2267 Kilograms Y - Wrangler 4x4 N - THIS IS THE BIZARRE CODE... Any Idea? Sahara should be 4 9 - Open body S - 4.0L 6 Cyl. Gasoline Unleaded 8 - My control digit... has no explanation. V - Year 97 P - Toledo plant 2 Then the 6 digits serial number.

So... what on earth does the N on series means????? I did full query on Google and news without success.

Thank you in advance, Javier (from Spain... where the original Toledo is... eheheheh)

Reply to
Fidelio

N means "5-speed Manual Transmission (Europe) "

Dave Milne

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

it is the European code for a 5 speed