Question about Wrangler acting like its barely getting gas.

I first had this problem occur about 2 years ago. My mechanic performed a full brake and tune up to get the problem to go away. I only have this problem when my Jeep is cold. I start the vehicle, and put it in drive. The accelleration is slow, as I start moving forward the Jeep starts lurching. Sometimes the Jeep doesn't start lurching until I take my foot off the accellerator like I am going to stop. When the automatic transmission shifts into a lower gear it starts lurching and almost dies from a lack of gas. If I let the car warm up for 5 minutes or so - I don't have this problem. In the past though the lurching happens more frequently. Does any one have any ideas about what could be causing this issue? Is this a power inverter? Or a transmission issue? I have never had a problem like this before. I have 120,000 miles with very few problems.

I want to thank all replies in advance. Sincerely, Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Mills

You are a bit short on info. What color is the jeep?

Reply to
Stupendous Man

Could be the lockup torque converter. When was the last time you performed a transmission fluid change and adjustments?

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Reply to