98 TJ Headlight Replacement

The low beams on one of my headlights on my 98 TJ has burnt out and I now need to replace it. The question is - can I find this headlight at a normal parts store (i.e. Canadian Tire) or do I need to get it from the dealer? Also, how the heck do I get it out? With cold temperatures outside I don't want to have to spend a lot of time fiddling, and I always worry about snapping off a fastener.

Thanks.

Andrew Butchart

Reply to
Andrew Butchart

It's a standard 7" headlight, any normal auto parts store carries replacements.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

Is that a sealed beam unit ? We get Hella H4s with separate bulbs here, and they work well. May be worth considering as a replacement if they are legal.

Dave Milne, Scotland

Reply to
Dave Milne

Yep - it's the sealed beam unit. I'm still not sure how to remove it to replace it though. If it ever gets warm again I'll have to spend some time staring at it.

Andrew Butchart

Reply to
Andrew Butchart