Anybody Have Info On The Jeep Compass?

I keep hearing different things on the Jeep Compass, one day it is a go then maybe not then back on again.

Anybody have the latest info and up to date news on the concept Jeep Compass, is it going to be made, when, will that be the name, thanks for your time

Reply to
Gordon Gekko IDCC on the Nasda

john maclennan

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Oh No!! It looks like a built up Rav4 with a Wrangler hood.

Reply to
Paul Brogren

Reply to
Drink

I hope that picture is a joke. That is a screwed up looing wrangler if it's not a joke.

Reply to
Dan Ferrell

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Yep, DC ditched the Compass when they realized it couldn't possibly compete with the Cowboy:

Last info is it is NOT a go. I work for a JEEP store and the compass is not

Reply to
Steve

That sure looks lame. I beat the hell out of my TJ on a fairly regular basis, with no need for alignments, or any silly shit like that. Something like that ugly compass thing would be in the shop on a weekly basis, at least on the abuse that I would give it.

Reply to
Matt

Heck, my 91 XJ already has a Compass right in the overhead console. Why would I want that hideous thing?

Regards,

DAve

Reply to
DaveW

The Compass has not been officially ditched, in fact it made the recent auto shows in january, there have been rumors that it could be released or that it is put on hold for now, but it is not officially scratched

Reply to
Gordon Gekko IDCC on the Nasda

Reply to
Chad Fraker