Anyone repainted a YJ Sahara?

I've got a 1993 Sahara that I am going to give a 10 year touch-up to (read that as have a professional do it).

I was curious if anyone has painted one before, and what they did about their decals (the "pinstriping", the Sahara logo...). Yes, I want to keep the look.

Mine are still in pretty good shape, so I do not know if they can recycle these or if they will get trashed.

Additionally, if I have to purchase replacement ones, does anyone know how much of a pain it is to get them from Jeep/Mopar? and if so, what did you pay for them (if you don't mind sharing)?

Thanks,

- Ray

Reply to
ryamkajr

If a pro is painting it he should be reapplying the stickers as a matter of course, or at least including that in your estimate and asking you if you want them done. They're relatively easy to get off and not that hard to apply.

If on the other hand you're getting it done at a cheap paint shop franchise like "Macco" here in the east, you can expect them not to, you can also bet that they will mask things which should be taken off. Also count on them leaving your last wax job untouched (as in painting over it) and barely doing any prep work (scuffing the old paint barely with some sand paper). And lastly don't be surprised if they paint OVER the stickers.

Reply to
Simon Juncal

you can get replacement stickers through thinkjeep.com

Reply to
Mark12211

Thanks for the responses.

No, definitely having a pro do it. Honestly, it really only needs touching up, as it has been garaged for 60% of its life, and its offroading has been rather limited (real life interfering and all...)

Never heard of this "thinkjeep.com" site. I tried it, but it seems dead at the moment. ANy other suggestions? I've contacting Mopar asking about this, but they have not yet gotten back to me.

- Ray

Reply to
ryamkajr

you are right - site seems to be down. Its called

now (which is what thinkjeep.comredirects to when its working).

Reply to
Dave Milne