Painting a YJ hardtop? Adding sunroof?

Just obtained a used original equipment 1995 hard top for my 93 YJ Sahara.

As the top is gray, it does not currently match the rest of my ride (forest green Sahra package).

I have a few questions on how to best paint the top.

  1. What kind of paint is best to use on the hard top material?

  1. How many layers would you suggest?

  2. Any kind of sealant?

Additionally, I am considering adding a sunroof to the top. Was curious as to the experiences of others who have done so...

  1. What sunroof did they use?

  1. Did it require structural reinforcing, and if so, what did you do?

  2. What did you use for the seal (rubber/silicone/both???)

Thanks,

- Ray

Reply to
ryamkajr