Anyone seen the Commander Commercial?

Well, I want one of those damn things!

The Commander that is, the one in the TV commercial!

It will go under water so you can watch fish through the sun roofs according to the advertisement.

I didn't see a big snorkel on it so it must have it's own compressed air supply or something like that. The cabin must be pressurized for sure.

Too cool!

My CJ7 will only cross 42" of water without a snorkel.

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's Canadian Off Road Trips Photos: Non members can still view! Aug./05
Mike Romain

I've seen it ... I wanna go too! Just think, I could forget packing my regulator next vacation.

How do you suppose they navigate? Side thrusters?

Just imagine if one of the kids opened a window.

KJK

Reply to
KJ.Kate

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

You guys missed the part about, "Closed course with professional drivers, DO NOT try this at home."

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

I will look harder for that, but you know the fine print at the end didn't say that....

Mike

Jeff Strickland wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

We had a two term occupant of the White House that redefined the word "truth" to mean "any communication given with the intent to deceive"

Reply to
billy ray

"Fictionalization: Vehicle not suitable for underwater use"

Honest - and just when I was wanting to buy a black one and be a U-boat commander!

Stephen Gibbs

92 XJ
Reply to
Stephen Gibbs

You ol spoil sport.

Ok, so now, if I bought one, and went out into the ocean to look at fish, and it sunk and I nearly drowned How much do you suppose it would be good for?

You KNOW this is going to happen, right?

Has anyone looked at one of these? They aren't much. If you raise the back seat, you cant see out the rear window. When you open the gate, if you aren't careful to jump back, it will decapitate you. The only redeemingquality I saw was the vents in the dash, something with full control.

KJK

Reply to
KJ.Kate

I wasn't gonna try it at home, I was going to take it to the pacific coast. I could just drive on in at the jetty in Monterey and cruise on down the coast line a ways. Maybe visit the few wrecks in the bay and go to the marine sanctuary at Point Lobos.....

that's nowhere NEAR home!

KJK

Reply to
KJ.Kate

I believe the shysters would claim it was "an implied warranty" that the vehicle could be used as a submersible as it is advertised as such the barely readable disclaimer withstanding.

Reply to
billy ray

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

How much would you have to pay Kalifornia, for the privilege of owning a fifty thousand dollar car there? I have seriously sworn off new cars, unless they come out with one that has guaranteed survival of occupants in a

75 mph crash, runs on water, and gets 500 mpg. It's just not worth it.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

I wondered when I first saw it if they weren't opening themselves up for a law suit, get some yuppi that has being watching other people with snorkels drive though 3' of water and have him think he can do it too, he saw it on TV.

Reply to
Greg

Which would be why most car commercials on TV has a fine print disclaimer at the bottom "Professional driver. Closed course. Do not attempt."

I've never understood why manufacturers allow ad companies to show their cars sliding _sideways_.

My favorite TV commercial disclaimer, though, comes from a SUV ad several years ago. A 30-ish mom is cruising a shopping mall parking lot, looking for a place to park. She spies one way over yonder, and notices a Lesser Vehicle heading for it. She kicks in FWD and does a little suburban off-roading over curbs, parking islands and shrubbery, and manages to cut the other driver off at the parking spot. Suburban Victory! The disclaimer read "No parking spot is this difficult to get. OK, so maybe they are, but don't do this anyway."

Greg wrote:

Reply to
Lee Ayrton

Yes, I remember that one ! I'm not sure of the brand but I seem to recall the heroine was one of the new Korean SUVs. What was the usurper vehicle?

Was it a Kia Sportage perhaps?

Reply to
billy ray

DANG! For $50k, it would cure almost any kind of fever. We saw one at the dealership when I went in for my first service and it was .. well... not what I thought it was.

I think the Libby is as glitzy as I want to go for now.

: > You ol spoil sport. : >

: > Ok, so now, if I bought one, and went out into the ocean to look at fish, : > and it sunk and I nearly drowned : > How much do you suppose it would be good for? : >

: > You KNOW this is going to happen, right? : >

: > Has anyone looked at one of these? : > They aren't much. If you raise the back seat, you cant see out the rear : > window. When you open the gate, if you aren't careful to jump back, it will : > decapitate you. : > The only redeemingquality I saw was the vents in the dash, something with : > full control. : >

: > KJK

Reply to
KJ.Kate

And this of course makes me think : Tawanda!!!!! That woman was my hero. KJK

Reply to
KJ.Kate

Because, of course, we as reasonable human beings would never ever consider driving recklessly or disobeying traffic laws.

..oh, wait... never mind :/

[snip]
Reply to
noneyabusiness

Surely that's a typo, I think you meant to type "ve" instead of "d"

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo