ARRRGG - it's the drain!

My problem with the air duct is not an air duct at all, although it's probably attached to it some way. The duct and hose in question is the drain for the water that enters the air duct. I'm surprised that nobody pointed that out. Anyway, the duct that has the drain connected to it is STILL in the way of the radio. Does anyone know if it's large enough to be moved over? I'm betting that it is. If you do not know, stay tuned because I'm going to find out as soon as I get a chance.

Chip

Reply to
Chip

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

I've looked at the pictures in the chilton's manual that clearly shows the drain hose, although it doesn't call it out. Based on some of my coversations with people, I determined that it is that way (in the way of the radio) because of the fiberglass body. I think I'm going to need to modify the one-piece transition. I'll have to cut it off and move the circular portion over and re-glass it. To do it properly, I'll need to disassemble the dash.

The hose itself is the same rubber hose that can be found on any jeep CJ. On the '84, the hose goes through the firewall closer to the top and cannot be seen near the floorboard. It's still there and it's made of the same material. There is supposed to be a rubber check valve on the end of the hose on the other side of the firewall, if it hasn't fallen off. My dad's

84 still has one, mine does not.

Chip

Reply to
Chip

It is only a drain, why not try 2 ABS 'fitting 90's' or one fitting 90 going sideways, a 2" piece of ABS and 90 down at the top to just move the flex hose over a few inches? Should be able to do that from below.

Or just go get that metal flex hose that is used from the air filter to the exhaust for cold heat and use a piece of that? It will bend like a snake.

Just a couple thoughts....

Mike

Chip wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

I am going to do something similar, I'm sure. The radio is going in the standard location and the drain will be rerouted.

Reply to
Chip