Audio Jack 2004 Wrangler

I want to plug my MP3 player into the factory AM/FM CD radio rather than use some FM signal unit. Is there a way to add a pigtail to the stock radio that I can plug into? Or is there one already there I don't know about?

Rick

Reply to
Rick Ankrum

This is one advantage to the cassette player that I have. Depending on how bad you want that additional audio input, you could upgrade your radio. Splicing another input into the existing radio is probably not an option.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Search the web for AUX input adapters for your head unit. There are generally two ways to do it, via the CD changer or an independent AUX input. The CD changer style takes advantage of the head unit's ability to use an external changer. This allows plugging some other device into the circuit, but it *replaces* the changer. If you don't have an external changer this is an easy way to get connected. The AUX input method depends on the head unit actually having the ability to support one. Many new head units do, older ones generally do not.

And beyond just AUX inputs, if you've got an iPod there are several companies that makes interfaces that will let you control the iPod directly from the head unit or steering wheel-mounted controls (if you've got 'em already, of course). But that's only if you're talking about an iPod not some other MP3 player.

-Bill Kearney

Reply to
wkearney99

Rick,

If' we're talking iPod specific:

For general input (the one I use):
Like Bill said, this will plug into the CD changer input of your stock H.U. making it an AUX in. Easy. Works great, sounds like CD quality.

n.

Reply to
Nathan Otis

Thanks for the information. This looks like what I need.

Reply to
Rick Ankrum