Bad afternoon

Oh, I shouldn't have read this! I feel for you. Years ago I was passed while on my motorcycle by two bikes with girls on the back, no helmets. When the 2nd bike passed me the girl moved on the bike and he lost it. They passed me in a corner with bluffs on each side. He hit the cliff and it was terrible. The girl died in the worst way. I slowly stopped riding and sold the HD. Never picked one up again.

Andy

2001 TJ
Reply to
Andy

Fantastic job Kevin! I'm a Trauma Nurse in a level 1 ER... I would have done the same thing... I also ride a motorcycle often with other ER staff - most of us don't wear helmets... we understand the risk and accept the consequences when something goes wrong - Also know that if we die.. we've died doing something that we really enjoy - as ER staff we know that life is fragile, but we also know that you still must live life - you can't hide in fear of the "great what if" we've all seen the person who's fallen off a chair and got a odontoid fracture (commonly known as a hangman's fracture) or a C2 fracture (second cervical vertebrae) usually instantly fatal (though I've seen one person who survived it)... I recently went to a 29y/o girls funeral who fell over dead while cooking dinner (blown brain artery) I suppose I should stop being so gory and get to the point - you could drop over dead at any time - when your number is up.... not a thing you can do about it... so go and enjoy yourself... don't waste any opportunity - don't take stupid risks (driving drunk) but don't not do something you enjoy. Life is to be lived not observed... ~D

Reply to
Closed

When I first started riding in the 80s there was no helmet law in California. When the law came, I wasn't happy. Now, I'm not so sure about the no helmet thing. I have a flat spot on an old helmet that made the difference between walking away pissed off and being carried away with a flat spot in my skull. I don't ride any more. I have too many other hobbies and riding feels a bit like an unnecessary risk now that I have two little kids to take care of. Maybe when they grow older. Anyhow point well taken. I have had plenty of opportunities to die and made it this far. Life goes on. Thanks for the words of encouragement. They mean a lot. KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego